Wednesday, January 31, 2024

The Philippine FAITH

 

2 Corinthians 5:7

King James Version

7 (For we walk by faith, 

not by sight:)


The Philippines is basically a Catholic nation.

From a population of nearly 112 million in 2015, nearly 80% of Filipinos are Catholics.

Having been colonized by Spain in the 1500s, we had to embrace that faith.

I myself grew up Catholic.

In my city, it was mostly Catholic schools run by Filipino, Belgian, and German priests, and nuns.

Throughout my studies, from kindergarten, to college, I studied at a Catholic school.

The older generation taught us to pray the Rosary, to go to Mass, to pray the daily Angelus, to go to Confession.

We are supposed to receive the sacraments, from baptism to extreme unction.

Protestants comprise but 9.13 % of the Philippine population.

My country has the world's third largest Roman Catholic population.

No wonder, soon as he became head of the RC church, Pope Francis visited us in Leyte.

Interestingly, welcomed by a literal storm, too.

I remember seeing that on tv.


As for me, GOD made me take another fork in the road.

He made me born again  in 2019, changing my life forever.

He made me take that 180-degree turn.

The Bible became my only reference, after that.

GOD's WORD came alive in my heart.

His SPIRIT made things plain.

I dropped all other studies at that point.


There are many other faiths in the Philippines.

But I'm forever grateful GOD made me born again.

Through His SPIRIT, I have greater understanding of JESUS.

Which I'm able to share with you.

Through our many blogs, and books.

Nothing like knowing you're walking the right path.

And that you're not misleading others.

Isaiah 30:21

King James Version

21 And thine ears 

shall hear a word behind thee, 

saying, 

This is the way, walk ye in it, 

when ye turn to the right hand, 

and when ye turn to the left.


John 14:6

King James Version

6 Jesus saith unto him, 

I am the way, the truth, and the life: 

no man cometh unto the Father, 

but by me.


Galatians 5:16-18

King James Version

16 This I say then, 

Walk in the Spirit, 

and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, 

and the Spirit against the flesh: 

and these are contrary the one to the other: 

so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, 

ye are not under the law.


More articles here.


Related material:

An Urgent Message For Roman Catholics

Mike Gendron's "Christ Alone"

"Saved By Grace, Not By Good Works"

WHO shall be SAVED?

GOD's GLORY blogs


Paoay church image: Wallpaper Flare


Our THREE countries

  Isaiah 31:1 King James Version 31 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help;  and stay on horses,  and trust in chariots,  because they a...