Wednesday, January 31, 2024

On the PHILIPPINES

 

1 Peter 2:16

King James Version

16 As free, 

and not using your liberty 

for a cloke of maliciousness, 

but as the servants of God.


Yes, friends, that's our Philippine flag.

Every country has a flag.

When you brandish it, that means you've earned your freedom.

And most likely, fought for it.

You are officially a nation.


What can I tell you about my country?

A lot.

Mostly quirks I've noticed.

Unique traits of Filipinos.

A rich heritage from natives, Spaniards, and Americans.

I won't go much into history.

But I will tell you simple traits we have.

Traits we need to preserve.

Traits we need to change.

Traits that shape us.

And culture, in between.


These articles will be at random.

As SPIRIT guides me.

As my memory serves me.

All observations had been "filed" for future use.

And today is that day!

Please welcome "On the PHILIPPINES".

It replaces a July 1, 2022 blog we first created.

The old title limited me.

But this one won't.

Head over to the next posts.


Related material:

Philippines


Image this page: Wallpaper Safari

Blog background image: Jah Cordova


Our THREE countries

  Isaiah 31:1 King James Version 31 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help;  and stay on horses,  and trust in chariots,  because they a...